Let's Talk Trees - Orla Ní Dhúill, Native Woodland Trust
I can't believe it's taken me until episode 52 to dedicate an interview to trees! Shocking behaviour, but this lovely chat with Orla makes up for it. You can follow Orla on Twitter @NaturallyOrla & don't forget to listen to her podcast The Broad Leaf! You can find out more about The Native Woodland Trust on their website and stay up to date with them on Twitter @NativeWoodTrust.
Stay tuned behind the scenes of this podcast by following on Instagram @Bookofleavespodcast, Twitter @BookofLeavesPod or Facebook. Don't forget to rate, review, share, and if you can, please support this podcast on Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves ). More on: http://bookofleavespodcast.com/
- [04:10 ] An intro from Orla and her journey to working with woodlands.
- [09:15 ] Who The Native Woodland Trust are and what they do.
- [11:20 ] How people can get involved.
- [14:15 ] Finding local seeds and where to plant (or IF to plant!).
- [24:15 ] The new 'Robot Trees' built in Cork.
- [30:55 ] Ireland’s historic foresty & 'ancient' woodlands.
- [37:55 ] Systemic changes that need to happen to help preserve & restore woodland in Ireland & how farmers/land owners can benefit.
- [41:50 ] CAP.
- [44:30 ] Random questions!
- Teagsc for people with large amounts of land.
- The Down Survey complete map of Ireland.
- Killarney National Park.
- Stopping by Woods book by Donal Magner.
Get bonus content on Patreon
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.