Leticia Britos Cavagnaro: Make learning visible
Dr Leticia Britos Cavagnaro is the co-Founder and co-Director of the University Innovation Fellows, a programme of the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school) at Stanford University. Leticia uses emerging technologies to empower learners to be self-directed, action-oriented, and reflective shapers of the future.
In this episode, she shares her view on why reflection is important, how to scaffold its practice for learners, and how to incorporate it into every learning experience. She talks about her upcoming book 'Experiments in reflection', published by Penguin Random House, and her recently published Riff chatbot.
Click through to the episode notes for the transcript.
Connect with Leticia
- Blog post introducing Riff: 'Reflecting with AI: A Tool to Develop Human Intelligence'
- Enchatted, company that did the technical work on Riff
- 'Teaching & Learning' programme at the d.school
- Bulk discounts of 'Experiments in Reflection'
- Full d.school series of books at a discounted price for the set
Reflective frameworks mentioned
- 'What? So what? Now what?' by Terry Borton
- 'I Used to Think... Now I Think...' by Harvard University's Project Zero
- Ellen J. Langer: 'The Power of Mindful Learning' (1997)
- Guy Claxton: 'Learning to Learn – The Fourth Generation: Making Sense of Personalised Learning' (2006)
- Gavriel Salomon, David Perkins, and Tamar Globerson: 'Partners in Cognition: Extending Human Intelligence with Intelligent Technologies' (1991)
- Erica Estrada-Liou, MBA
- Meenu Singh, MS