Lewis Hamilton ON: Why You Should Stop Chasing Society's Definition of Success & How to Be More Intentional With Your Goals
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
Today, I am talking to Lewis Hamilton, 7-time Formula1 world champion, with over a hundred race wins, considered the most successful F1 driver of all time. In 2014, Lewis won BBC's Sports Personality of the Year. Followed two years later by a position in Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People list. Lewis received both accolades for a second time in 2020 in a year that saw him become a leading voice in the global fight for racial equality. In doing so, he was recognized as British GQs Game Changer of the Year and Powerlist's Most Influential Black Person in the uk. Lewis is also a passionate activist for so many underrepresented groups and communities.
Lewis shows us a different perspective on finding your own purpose and going after what you believe is morally right. We talk about how even the simplest things can help change the world, the power we give to our fears and how it’s stopping us from finding our truth, the benefits of being comfortable with your own thoughts, and learning how to declutter our life so we can find our spot in this world.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:03:11 The hardest thing you have to do to become who you are today
- 00:04:49 How school became traumatizing
- 00:10:13 Growing up with Dad figure
- 00:17:55 Success is really short-lived
- 00:22:39 We often live in fear of what people think
- 00:28:51 Is it lonely in the racing field?
- 00:42:26 When you’re too focused on one thing
- 00:44:24 Being comfortable with your own thoughts
- 00:48:58 Mission 44
- 00:50:38 Learning to be selfless
- 00:55:17 Trying to be better everyday
- 01:01:14 Lewis on Fast Five
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty