Life Long Pleasure: Sex During and After Menopause
My guest this week is Dr. Lori Beth Bisbey is a psychologist, sex & intimacy coach, author, speaker, and podcast host who has spent the last 30+ years helping people to create and maintain meaningful relationships the contain sizzling sex (without shame). She has a specialty in the treatment of trauma and in gender sex and relationship diversity.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of getting rid of the myth that menopause is the end of good sex.
- What are the biggest problems reported by women during and after menopause?
- What are the biggest myths that people buy into around the menopause?
- What is the most important thing to keep in mind if you want to have great sex during and after menopause?
- What things don't doctors traditionally tell us about menopause?
- If you are the partner of someone going through menopause, what are the best ways to approach them for intimacy?
Dr. Lori-Beth highlights 2 key points
- Good sex requires lubrication.
- You cannot get what you want if you don't know what you want. This is a good time to be re-exploring your desires and your body.
You can contact her at email@example.com.
She has a weekly internet radio show, the A to Z of Sex on the Health and Wellness channel, Voiceamerica. Her most recent book, Dancing the Edge to Surrender: An Erotic Memoir of Trauma and Survival is available at all good booksellers.