Life events >> Football, Gary Vee’s Content Model, and Top Money Making Podcasts
On the second edition of The Scouting Report, I dive into a tweet that made me feel old about life events being more important than football games, dissecting infamous entrepreneur Gary Vee's content model, what I learned from my first show, first trip to Disney's Galaxy's Edge PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
See below for the timestamps...
‘The Scouting Report’ Show Notes
In a brand new show, I dive into my first episode of what Bonjour with Blythe is supposed to be about: the wins, losses, and lifestyle around being a present-day entrepreneur.
Contrary to popular belief, freelancing and entrepreneurialism are not all working out of coffee shops and taking insta-friendly vacations. There are real challenges (and tears!) involved with running your own business. But there are also a lot of perks; which I hope to share both sides of the coin in this monthly Scouting Report show.
Don’t worry–if you’ve liked the content I’ve done over the last nine months, that’s not going anywhere and will continue to be published on this feed. I simply needed a place dedicated to a business/marketing focused show where I write, record, and publish all myself. I’ll also mix in a few Jaguars related topics (read: gripes) here and there too because a girl needs a creative outlet that doesn’t involve hair, makeup, and getting your nails done.
Check out the timestamps to each segment below along with links to stories discussed:
Life Events >>> Football (intro)
- This is the article I wrote waaaaaaay back when football was the most important thing in my life. Now at 35 years old, I know that article was a little naive. But turns out it might be a "wiser with age" thing. At least that's what I'm going with at the moment.
Voxnest's study on the top money-making podcast categories (12:36 )
- Here's a link to a quick Twitter discussion I had with the Voxnest team. Their study is linked in the original tweet. But for the lazy.
Gary Vee's Content Model (17:45 )
- Here is the video where we pulled the audio quotes from.
- And here is a link to the 86 page content model deck that Gary and his team use.
What I learned from putting together my first show (29:37 )
- Here's a BTS breakdown of what it took to bring my first (new) show to life.
Podcasters Meetup (33:10 )
- How to get started with podcasting if ya trying to get your own show started!
Hive Con (38:05 )
- Recap video coming soon! But check my Instagram Story Highlights under "Hive Con" to see a quick rundown.
The Logistics of Logistics Interview (41:31 )
- If you're in the transportation and logistics industry, I was on "The Logistics of Logistics Podcast" with host Joe Lynch. Here's a recap on my other site, Digital Dispatch, where we talk about marketing trends in the industry specifically when it comes to inbound lead generation.
Disney Trip Bitches! (45:47 )