Lifestyle Business Series: Productized Service 101 w/ Brian Casel
My guest today is Brian Casel who is giving us the 101 on productized services and this is a great option for anyone who is wanting to create a location independent lifestyle so that you can travel the world without being tied to a desk. If you are looking for something that won't require you to trade your 50 hours + work week for the same thing in a different place then now is the time to get familiar with the different business models out there that will allow you the freedoms you deserve.
Brian dives into what a productized service is, how you can take a service you are offering and scale it in a way that gives you more time, freedom, and money, and, of course, we get into travel and the round the States trip that Brian and his family have been on. Plus we talk about him launching a business while they were on the road and why setting up constraints for yourself can help succeed, do the things you want to, and still be cognizant of time.
Are you interested in building a location independent life? Are you wanting to learn more about business models that can make this happen for you? Send me an audio message (please) or shoot me an email over at Jason@ZeroToTravel.com.
I am so excited to partner with HomeExchange.com who makes it possible to see the world without paying for accommodations. Make sure you listen to the entire podcast to get the promo code to save you some extra cash when you get your first exchange.
Tune In To Learn:
- 10:00 Launching A Business On The Road
- 15:00 Takeaways From Extended Time On The Road With Family
- 17:25 How Do Hobbies Correlate to Business
- 20:30 Setting Yourself Up To Be Successful
- 22:25 Constraints Can Lead To Larger Success
- 27:05 Definition & Examples Of A Productized Service
- 34:00 The Natural Progression For Those Who Start Productized Services
- 36:20 Power of Niching & Needs of That Niche
- 39:00 Why A Productized Service Is Easier to Sell & For Your Customers To Buy
- 42:30 Steps to Creating A Productized Service
- 49:40 Automated Human Workflow & Processes
- 52:20 What To Look For When Hiring
- 54:50 The Path To Least Resistance
- 57:40 Agency vs Freelance
- 59:45 Hidden Gems in New York
- And so much more
- Find Brian On His Website
- Follow Brian on Twitter | YouTube
- Listen To Brian's Podcast: Productize Podcast
- Check Out Brian's Current Project: Process Kit
- Brian's Productized Service: Audience Ops
- Location Indie
- Potpourri Prat (Lifestyle Business, Experimenting & Travel Fears) w/ Matt Giovanisci
- 5 Ways To Grow Your Location Independent Business w/ Natalie Sisson
- Enjoy The Process Of Everything w/ Dylan Magaster
Please head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel podcasts!