Lili Reinhart ON: Living With Anxiety & Giving Yourself Permission to Feel All of Your Emotions
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Jay Shetty sits down with Lili Reinhart to discuss how allowing yourself to feel your emotions can become liberating. We are often told that crying in front of others is a sign of weakness, that being vulnerable is allowing others to hurt you. Yet we have never been taught that listening to our thoughts and allowing ourselves to truly feel our emotions is often the best way to bring out our true self.
Lili Reinhart has quickly amassed an impressive resume as one of Hollywood’s most exciting young actors on screen and is quickly becoming a multi-faceted talent with projects as an executive producer and author. She is well known for playing ‘Betty Cooper’ in Greg Berlanti's television series, Riverdale which is based on the famed Archie Comics. As an author, Lili penned, Swimming Lessons which is a collection of poems released by St. Martins’ Publishing in 2020. Currently, the book is available for purchase worldwide. Lili is an activist for mental health and body image and uses her platform to raise awareness to these issues.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:44 Juggling several jobs
- 07:35 Starting a job and having panic attacks
- 11:43 When you start judging yourself
- 13:32 “It was my drive to be an actress…”
- 17:34 What is the role you played in the family?
- 21:52 Crying is the most healthy expression of how you're feeling
- 32:13 We don’t talk about how often people come and go
- 38:41 How can you fill your time?
- 41:58 Overwhelmed by trying to fix it all right away
- 45:40 If we take the role away, who are you?
- 48:23 Letting go of something you’ve identified for so long
- 55:13 Resonating with spirituality
- 01:00:38 Finding the right people for healing and wellness
- 01:06:37 Playing a woman experiencing two different things
- 01:11:15 Taking extra care of your gut
- 01:14:28 How do you describe your current purpose in life?
- 01:17 31 Lili on Final Five