Linux Action News 160
Ubuntu 20.10 is out, with official Raspberry Pi 4 desktop support. We try it out and report back. And our thoughts on the youtube-dl takedown.
Plus Edge is out for Linux, and PayPal gets bitcoin fever.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- System76: System76 is better than ever, check out all the great stuff they're doing today and tell them Linux Action News sent you.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Ubuntu 20.10 Released, Now Available to Download — Ubuntu 20.10 rides atop the Linux 5.8 kernel, includes the GNOME 3.38 release, has new wallpapers, Active Directory integration (for enterprise users) in the installer, and carries a clutch of updated software, tools, and libraries.
- Ubuntu 20.10 Flavours Released
- Ubuntu 20.10 on Raspberry Pi delivers the full Linux desktop and micro clouds
- How to build a Raspberry Pi Kubernetes cluster using MicroK8s
- Build a Raspberry Pi Desktop with an Ubuntu heart
- Parallels Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise — It is the world’s first software that runs Windows directly on enterprise Chromebooks―enabling full-featured Windows apps including Microsoft Office and proprietary apps―even when there is not an Internet connection.
- youtube-dl removed from GitHub by RIAA takedown notice — Under penalty of perjury, we submit that the RIAA is authorized to act on behalf of its member companies on matters involving the infringement of their sound recordings, audiovisual works and images, including enforcing their copyrights and common law rights on the Internet.
- How the youTube-dl devs found out about DMCA takedown
- Microsoft Edge arrives in preview form for Linux — The release officially supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and openSUSE. Sadly, there is no love for Pi fans at present; the team are apparently "looking at Arm", but no release has been forthcoming.
- We Go Hands on With Microsoft Edge for Linux
- PayPal Launches New Service Enabling Users to Buy, Hold and Sell Cryptocurrency — Today announced the launch of a new service enabling its customers to buy, hold and sell cryptocurrency directly from their PayPal account, and signaled its plans to significantly increase cryptocurrency's utility by making it available as a funding source for purchases at its 26 million merchants worldwide.
- PayPal and Venmo will offer and accept cryptocurrency for all online payments
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store