Logitech Kills Harmony Remotes, Smartmi P1 Air Purifier, and HomeKit AC Units
Logitech announced that Harmony, its universal remote brand has been discontinued. Roku adds a dedicated Apple TV+ button to some remotes, the Smartmi P1 air purifier launches, we discuss HomeKit buttons and AC window units, and we answer listener questions.
Send us your HomeKit questions and recommendations with the hashtag homekitinsider. Tweet and follow our hosts at @andrew_osu and @stephenrobles or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for “HomeKit Insider” and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts.
Do you host a podcast discussing technology or Apple devices and would like an AppleInsider staffer to appear as a guest? Let us know by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch!
Links from the show
- Logitech Harmony universal remotes are being discontinued | TechHive
- Smart Remote X — Sevenhugs Inc.
- Apple TV+ button added to Roku remote, plus more support for HomeKit & AirPlay 2
- Blogger successfully hacks Jaguar I-Pace electric car into HomeKit
- Smartmi P1 becomes newest air purifier with HomeKit support
- HomePaper for HomeKit
- Satellite Image as Home Wallpaper
- Meross Light Switch
- Hue Sentiment for Philips Hue
- Fibaro Button on Amazon
- GE Profile AC Unit with HomeKit
- Haier AC Unit with HomeKit
- Sensibo AC accessories
- Lutron Wireless Smart Fan Speed Control
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: email@example.com
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.