Managing the Motherload with Rebekah Borucki
Hey Ass Kickers! I hope you are having a happy summer. This week on the podcast, Rebekah “Bex” Borucki is back! For those of you who are new to Rebekah, she is a mother of five, TV host, a meditation and yoga guide, and, a birth Doula. She is also the author of two books, You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life and her newest book, Managing the Motherload.
Rebekah’s mission is to make mental health support and stress management tools accessible to all, especially black and indigenous people of Color, LGBTQ plus folks and other marginalized communities. And I am super pumped to bring my conversation with Rebekah to you today.
We discuss her new book, including some of the lessons she’s learned over the years from being a mother. But let’s be clear, before you check out of this episode, Rebekah states both in her book and in this episode, Managing the Motherload is not a parenting book. So if you aren’t a parent, today’s episode still applies to you. We discuss topics related to being a parent, but the same topics can be applied to supporting, caring and understanding anyone in your life. For instance, we discuss being a parent of a child that comes out as transgender and unrelated, why bragging can be important for your self-esteem.
Be sure to tune in until the end to hear how you can enter to win a copy of Rebekah’s book!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The whole idea behind her Rebekah, Managing the Motherload (8:14)
- How Rebekah has changed as a mother over the years (12:10)
- Understanding what really matters and what doesn’t (14:46)
- We talk about what Rebekah means when she says, “She was a mother before being a woman.” (14:58)
- The story of Rebekah’s son coming out as a transgender male and some advice from Rebekah for supporting your child who comes out (20:06)
- Bragging: why it’s important to do so and the best way to brag (31:35)