Master Communication At Work and In Sales With Dr. Ethan Becker
Join The Five to make every sale.
- What is proper speech?
- Accents are less of a concern today vs. 15-20 years ago
- There is a difference between executive coaching and executive communication coaching
- The only 3 ways to persuade anyone to do anything.
- How important is your articulation in selling?
- Does grammar matter?
- Does my accent help or hurt me?
- Best way to practice
- What if I get nervous?
- What are the best presentation skill techniques?
Meet them where they are."
- Groom the dialogue and conversation naturally
- "Flavor of the month" for sales training
- How toxic salespeople are created in your business
- Move 'em. Improve 'em. Lose 'em.
- How important is non-verbal communication?
- Become self-aware
- Aristotle's role in modern communication
- Three ways people are persuaded
- Ethos: credibility, ethics, reputation (but it's relative)
- Pathos: persuaded by emotion
- Logos: logic
- How to use "the deck" from marketing
- How to use—or not use—NLP
- How to reason per Aristotle
- "So how much is this going to cost?"
- Traditional sales training says to offer value before giving the price, but if this is a deductive reasoner/buyer, you'll get yourself into trouble.
- Watch their body language
- Skip ahead if you need to
- Be willing to pause
- Know what the main point it
- Ask more questions
- Matching is not mirroring
- In customer service this is important
- Your voice has a psychological impact on the listener
- Sales managers need to let their inductive salespeople communicate
- Don't say "Timeout. Just get to the point!"
- Instead say, "This is great. Can you boil this down for me in a deductive manner?"
- Be careful with assimilation in your communication
- Visit his home on the web
- Buy Dr. Ethan Becker's book, "Mastering Communication at Work: How to Lead, Manage, and Influence"
- Download the free app, Speech Companion
Use these resources to grow your sales:
- Sell More This Month
- Hire Better Salespeople
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Find Your Best CRM
- Join the Free Facebook Group
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast:
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store