Master the Secret Language of Charismatic Communication with Vanessa Van Edwards • 223
We will learn:
- Insights on how people work.
- Surprising effects of eye contact and when is too much.
- The two traits that make up charisma and simple tweaks in behavior to lean into them.
Have you ever watched someone and thought, “Wow, that person has charisma?” How does that person seem so confident, so effortless, so connected, when I just seem so awkward?
In every stage of my life, I’ve met people that seem to have that ability to just own the room. People trust them. People like them. People want to do business with them or be friends with them.
It’s not just confidence, it’s charisma. But what even is charisma? Is it a cool connectedness? Is it social grace? Is it persuasion? And how can we be more charismatic if we’re not even sure how to define it?
Well, turns out, there’s a lot we can do. There are cues we can pick up on and put out to be that charismatic person that seems to attract people and opportunities.
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Vanessa Van Edwards. Vanessa is Lead Investigator at Science of People. She is the bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People. And More than 50 million people watch her engaging YouTube tutorials and TEDx Talk.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/223
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.