Medicare for All, plus Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Amazon HQ2, Marie Kondo, Toys, Spotify and Podcasting, and More
Youngme, Felix, and Mihir debate Medicare for All and ask whether the U.S. healthcare system is broken. They then offer quick takes on everything from Amazon’s latest HQ2 news, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s influence, Marie Kondo, the toy industry, Spotify’s aggressive push into podcasting, and more!
Some recent picks:
- Goodbye Big Five: Life Without the Tech Giants (Kashmir Hill, for Gizmodo)
- Minding the Gap (Hulu documentary)
- Andy Warhol retrospective (Whitney Museum)
- Cassette (app)
- Seven Days Out: Ep 2: Eleven Madison Park (Netflix)
- Tsutaya Bookstores (Japan)
- Richard Brody’s Review of Roma (New Yorker)
- The Tangled Tree (David Quammen)
- Mary Oliver poetry
- Money Heist (Netflix)
- Patrick Radden Keefe’s Profile of Mark Burnett (New Yorker)
- Cooking by Ear (Podcast)
You can email your comments and ideas for future episodes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow Youngme and Mihir on Twitter at: @YoungmeMoon and @DesaiMihirA.