Meet The Hosts of the Becoming Elli Podcast
Episode number 2 of the Becoming Elli podcast introduces Chris Brown and Jill McCauslin, the hosts and publishers of Becoming Elli - where women over 50 inspire each other to become fit and strong.
This episode gives a short background on the hosts and provides an idea of what the Becoming Elli podcast, website and community will focus on. It also includes ideas on how to find workout friends.
In episode #2 Meet the Hosts of the Becoming Elli Podcast we discuss:
- How we got inspired to create Becoming Elli
- Why is it called Becoming Elli
- Why becoming part of a fitness community makes such a big difference
- Why we feel it's important to develop a community of like-minded
- How we are working toward becoming fit and strong
- How we changed our attitudes towards food, exercise and being active
- Tips Segment: How to meet other people to workout with
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Strava.com – a website and an app for “athletes” who run and bike. Through an app on your phone you can become friends with other people and cheer them on with comments and “kudos”.
- FitBit.com – a website and an app to track steps, calories used and work-outs. Uses wearable technology (zip or watch synced with your phone.)
- MeetUp.com – a website that helps people in the same area with similar interests find each other (No, it’s not a dating app!)
- Becoming Elli Facebook group – We are considering creating a closed Facebook group where the Becoming Elli community can meet to inspire each other and share info. Please email us with your thoughts or leave a comment below.