Meghan Trainor ON: Breaking Generational Trauma & How to Be Confident From the Inside Out
Today, I sit down with Meghan Trainor, an award-winning singer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist that has garnered a GRAMMY for Best New Artist, achieved eight multi-platinum singles and two platinum albums, sold out three world tours, penned multi-platinum hits for peers across pop and country, received countless industry awards and nominations, and has recently started her own podcast with her brother Ryan Trainor entitled Workin’ On It, while also becoming a TikTok star. She has just released her new single “Bad For Me,” featuring Teddy Swims, and has announced her fourth full-length album, Takin’ It Back, arriving October 21st, 2022, via Epic Records.
Meghan shares what her childhood was like growing up on a small community island, her passion for song writing and how having supportive parents helped her get recognition for her talent and eventually led to releasing her debut song, All About That Bass. We talk about how being authentic and just showing up as yourself online and in real life will make people appreciate you more, why appreciating the body you have is the best way to love yourself, the crippling panic attacks that were overcome by asking for help and working with the right people, and how she has found love with a man who accepted her flaws and sees her true value.
Meghan shows us how our life may be built within a bubble and still find the courage to dream big, break free from any limitations, and find success in doing things we are passionate about.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:03:59 The secret door
- 00:06:50 And we got two toilets
- 00:09:00 Growing up in Nantucket
- 00:11:24 The songwriting journey
- 00:17:21 Supportive parents
- 00:20:47 Why I am who I am
- 00:24:34 What inspires you then and now?
- 00:27:44 Showing up authentically on social media
- 00:29:36 Worst panic attack
- 00:35:19 Taking antidepressants while pregnant
- 00:39:36 “I don’t want to end up in a psych ward…”
- 00:47:08 Our biggest crisis is a crisis of habits
- 00:51:29 “When I met Daryl…”
- 00:54:03 Loving your own body
- 00:58:28 Meghan on Final Five
- Meghan Trainor | Instagram
- Meghan Trainor | Twitter
- Meghan Trainor | Facebook
- Meghan Trainor | TikTok
- Meghan Trainor | Website
- Workin' On It with Meghan Trainor & Ryan Trainor
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/