Mel Robbins ON: Letting Go of Negative Thoughts & Redirecting Your Energy to Self Transformation
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
Today, I am talking to Mel Robbins. Mel is one of the leading voices in personal development and transformation and a New York Times Bestselling author. Her work includes "The High 5 Habit," "The 5 Second Rule," four #1 bestselling audiobooks, the #1 podcast on Audible, as well as signature online courses that have changed the lives of more than half a million students worldwide. Her groundbreaking work on behavior change has been translated into 41 languages and is used by healthcare professionals, veterans’ organizations, and the world’s leading brands to inspire people to be more confident, effective, and fulfilled.
This time, Mel generously shares her thoughts on why people are unhappy and steps they can take to find genuine and lasting happiness, how to deal with our inner voice that's focus on negativity, why dreams are called directional signals, and the truth behind the struggles most of us go through as adults.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:04:41 Why am I holding on to the things that are making me unhappy?
- 00:13:58 The constant drumbeat of negativity
- 00:21:56 Engaging in your own campaign of misery
- 00:36:50 Difference between dream and delusion
- 00:50:04 Parental mismatch
- 00:57:48 Girls struggle with crippling perfectionism
- 01:02:21 Confidence is the willingness to try
- 01:09:53 Why it’s easier to question how somebody’s changing
- 01:16:19 How to find happiness again
- 01:21:45 Verbal acknowledgement of the little achievements
- Mel Robbins | Website
- Mel Robbins | Instagram
- Mel Robbins | YouTube
- Mel Robbins | Facebook
- Mel Robbins | Twitter
- Mel Robbins | Books
- The Mel Robbins Podcast
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/