Menopause: What We Deserve to Know with Dr. Jen Gunter
1. Hot flushes, night sweats, sleep disturbances, vaginal dryness, and the less common, frequently-missed symptoms of menopause.
2. A strategy and script for how to talk to your doctor without being dismissed.
3. The lies and truth about menopause hormone therapy.
4. Why our culture is fixated on investing to ensure men never lose their erection, but is fine with women losing their quality of life.
5. What we need to know about our bodies and lives during menopause, which will impact up to 20 years of our lives.
Resource: North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
Dr. Jen Gunter is an OB/GYN and pain medicine physician and the author of The Menopause Manifesto, The Vagina Bible, and The Preemie Primer. She is the host of the podcast Body Stuff (TED Audio Collective) and of the streaming docuseries Jensplaining (CBC Gem). She blogs at TheVajenda.com and her writing can also be found in the New York Times, Glamour, DAME, and other publications. Her mission is to build a better medical Internet. She has been called Twitter’s gynecologist, the Internet’s OB/GYN, and a fierce advocate for women’s health.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices