Mental Performance with Jen Borovica
In episode 75, Jill and Chris talk with Jen Brovoica about mental performance, triathlons, and overcoming trauma.
Jennifer Borovica is a three-time Ironman finisher and an avid triathlete. She coaches triathletes and specializes in mental performance coaching.
She is a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) in the State of Ohio. She currently runs her own private practice, called RebelRising Wellness where she does individual therapy and has created a sober active community for women in recovery.
Jen is a member of the Applied Association of Sport Psychology (AASP) and working towards obtaining a Mental Performance Consultant Certification (CMPC) through AASP.
- During the podcast we discuss:
- How to find a sport community group of runners or bike riders
- How her group helped her to make changes in her life
- Why the nervous system can get "hijacked"
the effect of mini traumas on ability to be calm
- The window of tolerance between hyper aroused, and hypo aroused.
- How to control anxiety and deal with difficult feelings
She shares her story of overcoming trauma and addiction, learning how to deal with difficult feelings, and gaining strong mental skills to be able to perform.