Methods for Reparenting Myself- What That Looks Like for Me | Episode 181
The need for reparenting comes up when you grow up in a dysfunctional family where the parents weren't able to teach the children healthy tools and coping skills for how to manage life. This week’s episode 181 of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast is about 5 methods for reparenting & what that looks like for me!
Support the show by becoming a Patreon member!
In this episode of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast, I’m sharing the importance of doing inner child work to heal the parts of you that were left behind and actionable steps you can take right now to reparent yourself in a way that works for you, as simple or complex as necessary.
5 things I have done to reparent myself and what they’ve done for me
- Took a photo of myself from my childhood and took time each morning to speak kind affirmations towards her.
- Looked myself in the eyes through the mirror and said “I love you just the way you are Barb” even when I didn’t mean it, and I continue to do so
- Created a character in my mind that represented an inner loving parent to myself.
- Got in touch with my inner child by doing non-dominant handwriting communications.
- Collected items from my childhood to comfort and soothe my inner child.
All of these practices work but the most important thing I do to reparent myself is to continue being good to myself, speaking kindly about myself, and showing up for myself.. Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on living a more whole life and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
“The Reason” by Hoobastank
“Second Chance” by Shinedown
CONNECT WITH BARB NANGLE:
“6 Weeks to Better Boundaries with Barb” online course BetterBoundarieswithBarb.com