Michael O’Neal – Don’t Make It About Your Podcast Gear! – Learning How to be a Great Interviewer (AoL 119)
When it comes to podcasting, you can get geek out about equipment and marketing tactics all day long. However, what separates the good from the great is, especially when you have an interview based show, is the content.
When you have an interview based show, this means that you should have a good feel for interviewing.
For me, I've listened to a number of interviewers styles since I first started: Larry King, Tim Ferriss, Cal Fussman, and Lewis Howes are some of the folks that I've tried to emulate.
Another is this session's guest, Michael O'Neal.
According to Michael, when he first started the Solopreneur Podcast, he wasn't sure how to help people get better at interviews. It was just something he was naturally good at. But, over time, he's been able to deconstruct his ability and help hundreds of interviewers get better at their craft.
In this session, we'll learn about what we can expect from his course as well as some new tips he learned recently at Podfest.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* How'd Michael end up as a Steelers fan? 9:16
* What was his experience like being a cohost with Hines Ward? 11:19
* How'd he realize that he was unemployable? 14:28
* What was the attraction to podcasting that got Michael started with it? 22:17
* What's his process in connecting with influencers and producing the podcast? 25:48
* Has Michael seen a drop in his Google Analytics since shortening his show notes? What are a few things he learned at
* Podfest 2018? 28:22
* What can someone expect from his course "The Art of the Interview"? 32:02
* Who are three influencers that have helped launch him to where he's at today? 42:54
* How does Michael say no to all the opportunities he receives these days? 43:18
* Something he's been learning about recently that he's excited about? 44:44
* What's his least favorite social custom? 45:27
* What's the secret to achieving personal freedom? 45:45
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Michael Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
* Cohost for this session: Harrison Painter
* Looking to find out more about using Facebook chatbots? Enroll in the Millennial Skills Training Courses!
Art of the Interview
Castbox App for Android
Hines Ward Show
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store