Microsoft’s Next Evolution
From OLAP to Vertipaq to Power BI, Microsoft has a rich history of innovation and evolution in business intelligence. As data becomes an ever-increasing priority for organizations around the globe, Microsoft is now focused on the future with the launch of Microsoft Fabric, a unified SaaS solution which integrates all your data in one place. Fabric makes data management easier and more accessible for every user who works with data.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Amir and his team first pitched the idea of what is now Microsoft OLAP Services
- What happens when you think about the unevenness of data as a design principle
- Why you should demo products with things, people have opinions about
Some questions we ask:
- How did the transition from OLAP to Vertipaq happen?
- When is the next great thing coming from Microsoft?
- What is Microsoft Fabric, and what will it do for the world of data?
Amir Netz, CTO of Microsoft's Intelligence Platform, including Power BI, Synapse, and more, joins Patrick LeBlanc on this week's episode of Insights Tomorrow. Amir is one of the leading world experts in business intelligence and analytics, holding over 80 patents. He is also the chief architect of Microsoft's BI offerings, including Power BI, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, and more.
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.