Midlife Madness Episode 10: The One About Keeping Your Cool When Stuck In Your House
AAAAHHH!!! Whew. This is rough, folks. Let's talk about how we can make things a little less heavy at home while we are all waiting for the virus to pass! Leslie & Marie consult some "experts" (aka really awesome kids) to ask them what they are up to, how they are coping, advice they have and how they see good coming from all of this. All that, along with lots of great info, laughs, and for crying out loud - it's something to do for about 50 minutes, so why not?
Episode 10 - Keeping your Cool When Stuck in Your House
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Articles used for this episode:
- Know you’re not alone
- Connect with others (Phone, Social Media, FaceTime, Skype, Zoom - Online Happy Hours)
- Stay informed, but manage your media diet
- Stick to a routine
- Take care of your body (exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep)
- Take mental breaks (meditation, prayer, deep breaths)
- Be a good human (support small businesses - hair appts, house cleaners, gyms, restaurants)
What should we tell our kids?
It’s as much about how you say it as it is what you say.
- Stay calm - They are watching you
- Only tell them what they need to know
- Keep it simple and age appropriate
- Explain what’s happening in a way that they can understand
We would love to hear from you! You can find Midlife Madness on our Facebook page or our website at www.midlifemadnesspodcast.com.
If you like hanging out with us, please add us to your podcast subscriptions and give us a rating or review. It helps us build our Midlife Madness community.
And don’t forget, you are enough right where you are.