Midlife Madness Episode 2: The One Where They Talk About Fitness in Midlife
Whew, motivation to do a fitness routine can be tough when you're tired, hot-flashing, or over-extended! Leslie & Marie talk about the excuses, the why's and the how's of fitness in midlife from a very relatable place. Hopefully, you'll come away feeling understood, encouraged and maybe even a little bit motivated!
Tips for getting motivated:
- Group Fitness - commitment, consistency, community
- Strength Training
- Stream some workouts from home (Youtube has some great ones, also DailyBurn and FitfusionTV are some other options - there are tons)
- Dancing in the house, cleaning (don’t underestimate the calorie burn of a good cleaning session!)
- Make a motivational playlist to exercise to.
- Set up alerts on your phone - get up and be active.
- Fit Bit Challenges
- Set a goal - a marathon, a 5K, a hike that you haven’t been able to finish, & reward yourself after you reach the goal with a non-food award.
Don’t know what to do at the gym? KPNfit gym guide is available on Instagram at @kpnfit or visit her website at www.kpnfit.com! Her guides will give you all you need to build confidence at the gym!
If you don’t go to the gym, and prefer working out at home, KPNfit’s home guide is for you.
Code MADNESS for 25% off any of her guides!
- Your family loves you.
- Your brain will work better.
- Fitness doesn’t take time out of your life, it puts life into your time.
- You’ll feel better.
- Your confidence will increase, you’ll feel accomplished.
- Middle Age not not end age.
- So you can enjoy your retirement.
You can listen and/or download our show on all BuzzSprout associated podcast players (Apple Podcast, Castbox, Castro, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, *Spotify, *Stitcher, iHeart Radio, *TuneIn, and Podchaser). You will need to download the app on your device or listen via our Facebook page on your personal computer.
*Midlife Madness is currently available on these podcast players. All others are pending and we will keep you updated as they go live.
One more fun way to listen, if you have an Amazon Alexa device, simply say “Alexa, play Midlife Madness Podcast” and she will bring you right to our door.
You will find “Midlife Madness Podcast” on social media via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@MadnessMidlife, @leslienease, @mariebrace) if you’d like to hang out or chat with us. You can also email us directly at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you liked hanging out with us, please like us, follow us, add us to your podcast subscriptions, or leave a rating and/or review. That is how the Midlife Madness community will grow.
Now, if you don’t like us, you don’t need to do anything. Please don’t spend your time doing things you don’t enjoy. You won’t hurt our feelings. We promise!
Remember, you are enough right where you are!