Midlife Madness Episode 4: The One Where They Talk About "Aunt Flow"
Leslie & Marie talk about their monthly visitor, Aunt Flow, and how she has made them laugh, how she helped Leslie realize she needed surgery and how to talk to your daughters about this right of passage for all women! Ladies, you will totally relate, guys, you'll be enlightened and hopefully, we'll walk away with a better understanding of who she is and why she matters!
What does Aunt Flow have to do with midlife?
- It’s when she starts showing up unexpectedly (sometimes too frequent and sometimes she doesn’t visit for months). Then she stops visiting altogether.
- The dreaded “M” Word (Menopause).
- For those of you that still have kids at home, especially tweens, they need to feel comfortable to ask questions.
- If we don’t teach them, their friends will.
- Our adult sons and daughters are gong to ask for guidance as our granddaughters prepare for Aunt Flow.
- As we get older, our kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, and others start to believe we are wise. We want them to believe this! Being prepared for an uncomfortable conversation can further that delusion of wisdom that we have perpetuated. We know we’re winging it, but they don’t need to know that. It gives them comfort to think we know what we’re talking about.
You can find Midlife Madness show on your favorite podcast apps, including Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and many more. Make sure to subscribe to receive our newest episodes when they drop.
One more fun way to listen, if you have an Amazon Alexa device, simply say “Alexa, play Midlife Madness Podcast” and she will bring you right to our door.
You will find “Midlife Madness Podcast” on social media via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@MadnessMidlife, @leslienease, @mariebrace) if you’d like to hang out or chat with us. You can also privately email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you liked hanging out with us, please like us, follow us, add us to your podcast subscriptions, or leave a rating and/or review. That is how the Midlife Madness community will grow.
Now, if you don’t like us, you don’t need to do anything. Please don’t spend your time doing things you don’t enjoy. You won’t hurt our feelings. We promise!