Mon. 03/23 - Is the Sudden Loss of Taste and Smell A Symptom of Covid-19?
Covid-19 reaches the US Senate. Pregnant women in New York City are being forced to give birth alone. Is the sudden loss of your senses of taste or smell a sign you might have contracted Covid-19? Helpful new maps from a smart thermometer company. Fears about what Spring Breakers might be bringing home and big news on big new vaccine trials.
- Stamps.com, enter code: briefing
- Hospitals may run out of beds by late April if Gov. Abbott doesn't order Texans to stay at home, hospital group warns (Dallas Morning News)
- ENT UK on Twitter: "There is the potential to reduce COVID-19 transmission by requesting that individuals with new onset of anosmia self-isolate." (Twitter)
- Loss of taste and smell could be crucial symptoms of coronavirus (New York Post)
- Can Smart Thermometers Track the Spread of the Coronavirus? (New York Times)
- Fever-tracking smart thermometers may see the spread of COVID-19 in this online map (CNET)
- Will spring breakers become super-spreaders? (Politico)
- Majority of NYC’s coronavirus cases are men between 18 and 49 years old (New York Post)
- Letter from Craig R. Smith, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief, NYP/CUIMC (via Cynthia McFadden, Twitter)
- A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients (ProPublica)
- WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments (Science)