Natalie Portman: How to Know When to Say YES
1. The moment Natalie called Abby to invite her to be part of Angel City FC–the first majority, women-owned soccer franchise.
2. How to stop people-pleasing and learn to recognize a full body YES from inside of you.
3. Why and how Natalie shows up for big projects before she’s ready or qualified. (Dude Moves).
4. The best advice Natalie’s ever received–and why women should “Gossip Well.”
5. How Natalie counters gender expectations by over practicing empathy with her son and decisiveness with her daughter.
6. What Natalie says when a man suggests a woman is “crazy” or “difficult.”
Natalie Portman is an Academy award-winning actress (BLACK SWAN), director, author, and activist. In Summer 2022, Portman will be hitting the big screen, returning to the Marvel universe as ‘Jane Foster’ in THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER.
Previously Natalie appeared in Pablo Larraín’s film, JACKIE, in which she starred as First Lady Jacqueline F. Kennedy. For the role, Portman was nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a BAFTA Award, and won the Critics’ Choice Award. She wrote, directed, produced, and starred in A TALE OF LOVE AND DARKNESS, which made its world premiere at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival and its North American premiere at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. Other past film credits include Noah Hawley’s LUCY IN THE SKY, Brady Corbet’s VOX LUX, and Alex Garland’s highly anticipated second feature, ANNIHILATION.
Natalie and her producing partner Sophie Mas recently inked a first-look TV deal with Apple TV+ for their production company MounatainA. Through this deal, they are producing the Apple Original limited series LADY IN THE LAKE, which will be Natalie’s TV acting debut. Natalie’s other past production credits include the documentary EATING ANIMALS, which she executive produced and narrated. The film examines mankind’s dietary choices and is based on Jonathan Safran Foer’s memoir.
In addition to her film work, Portman devotes her time to several humanitarian causes, with an emphasis on supporting women and girls. She is also a founder of National Women’s Soccer League team Angel City Football Club.
In Fall 2020, Portman released her debut picture book, NATALIE PORTMAN’S FABLES, which is a New York Times’ Bestseller.
Portman is a Harvard graduate with a degree in psychology and studied at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices