Natasja Pelgrom & Alexander Beiner - Regenerative Stewardship: Evolving the Psychedelic Retreat Model
Natasja Pelgrom & Alexander Beiner, creators of the Regenerative Stewardship retreat, join Paul F. Austin to discuss their approach to healing.
Natasja Pelgrom is a visionary leader, mystical mentor and the founder of Awaken The Medicine Within retreats and programs, supporting people with psycho-spiritual approaches since 2017. Natasja is a highly intuitive guide and has held training, assisting and facilitation roles in over 800 psychedelic ceremonies. Natasja was also a founding member of the Synthesis Institute, and the director of the psilocybin-assisted Wellness retreats. As a key curator of the retreat programs, she oversaw the retreat team development and training. She currently advises and supervises executives in the (psychedelic) wellness industry.
Natasja is also a mentor to leaders, coaches, therapists, and space holders, where she focuses on mind and heart coherence to help them prosper in their services. Natasja’s multifaceted mentorship approach is paired with 20+ years of entrepreneurial experience. Alexander Beiner is an author and facilitator. He's one of the founders of the media and events platform, Rebel Wisdom, and an executive director of Breaking Convention, Europe's longest-running conference on psychedelic medicine and culture. His upcoming book, The Bigger Picture: How Psychedelics Can Help Us Make Sense of the World (Hay House, 2023) explores how psychedelics could transform culture and society. Trained as a counselor and meditation teacher, Alexander also runs retreats centered on combining practices drawn from cognitive science, wisdom traditions and psychedelic philosophy to create powerful group experiences. He has a particular interest in the phenomenology of the psychedelic experience and how we can combine ritual, practice and collective intelligence to expand consciousness in new ways.
- How Natasja and Alexander’s paths crossed, leading to their co-creation of a psychedelic retreat.
- Rebel Wisdom — Alexander’s background and approach.
- Regenerative Stewardship — the ethos behind their retreat.
- Thinking beyond the “Hero’s Journey” and beyond “self-care” to a wider, more balanced vision.
- Looking to indigenous wisdom and psychedelics for a new cosmology and way of being.
- Why Natasja & Alexander chose psilocybin as the central medicine for the Regenerative Stewardship retreat.
- The wisdom of being flexible in one's approach to preparation, experience, and integration.
- AWAKEN THE MEDICINE WITHIN
- “Regenerative Stewardship” Psilocybin Retreat
- AMW’s Instagram
- Rebel Wisdom
- Alexander's book, The Bigger Picture: How Psychedelics Can Help Us Make Sense of the World
- The concept of the Hero’s Journey
- Book, Sand Talk: How Indigenous Thinking Can Save the World, by Tyson Yunkaporta
- Peter Kingsley
- Natasja on Ep. 109: 5-MeO-DMT, Integration, and Connecting With the Divine
- Alexander's interview with Charlotte Du Cann
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.
This episode is brought to you by MycroDrops™ Powerful Micro-Elixirs made from Adaptogen and nootropic herbs and mushrooms. Get MOTIVATED, FOCUSED & GROUNDED! Use code THIRDWAVE and take $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more. Visit www.mycrodrops.com.