Navigating Marriage, Society and Boredom in Sobriety
Episode 135 with Lori Massicot
If you are a woman over 40 and you're resisting getting sober because your husband or partner drinks or society and friends are pushing you into drinking, then this is the episode for you.
In this episode, I share how alcohol affected my life as a mother and wife and how I navigated my relationships after I quit drinking. A lot of those relationships were built on alcohol, including my marriage.
Topics discussed in Episode 135
How I met my husband and how we drank together
- The truth about my drinking and how I acted towards my husband
- How to navigate a relationship that was built on alcohol
- How to speak up for yourself when other people are telling you you can have just one it's okay
- The story of when I had my son and came home from the hospital thinking I would not drink again
- How to view social media and drinking memes
- Losing relationships because you're sober and how to deal
- Boredom is an excuse and has nothing to do with alcohol
Do you like the podcast? Let's be friends!
Please donate and support the mission of To 50 and Beyond and grab some fantastic bonuses today.