Navigating the online dating scene, what expert and dating guru Perri Schneider says about how to find everlasting love online.
Online Dating with Perri Schneider
Today, we have the pleasure of speaking to Perri Schneider, an online dating expert who draws from her own experience to guide us through all the do’s and don’ts of modern dating. You’ll hear why apps are so popular, how Perri has based her professional approach on her own experience, and why using apps is a powerful time-saving tool. Perri tells us what she considers to be the best dating apps, and urges us to use our common knowledge to discern which platforms are worth our time. She also reminds us that time doesn’t guarantee success, but rather the quality of your actions does, before explaining why she discourages users to pay for dating apps and telling us how a life coach helped her to see that her expectations were unrealistic. Next, she tells us how giving her girlfriends guidance turned into a business to help others, and urges audiences to start with asking what you want, before giving us a two-fold process of finding out what that is. We dive into the pros and cons of the dating landscape in a post-COVID world, and why it is important to create an honest representation of yourself online. Perri points out that people who won’t communicate before a date are showing you a huge red flag, and talks about the value of virtual dating in terms of establishing whether there is a connection. She tells us some funny stories from her own dating life, and shares her greatest success story with a client, before leaving us with the truth bomb that the goal is not to find the perfect partner, but to live in your truth everyday. Lastly, she tells us what her definition of self-care is, being in her truth, listening to podcasts, yoga, walking, and pizza, doing what feels good for her in the moment and listening to herself. We hope you join us to hear from this inspiring dating expert today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why apps are popular: they’re great for meeting people and exploring a new area of life.
- Why using apps is a powerful tool to judge if someone is worth your time.
- What Perri considers to be the best dating apps: Bumble and Hinge.
- Why she loves OKCupid: they are very inclusive.
- The importance of using common knowledge to discern which platform is worth your time.
- Why time does not equal success, but the quality of your actions determines success.
- Why you shouldn’t pay for a dating app: the algorithm favors active users.
- Why you need to start with asking what you want.
- The two-fold process of finding out what you want: journaling, going for solo walks.
- The pros and cons of a post-COVID world: a level playing field for men and women.
- How the pandemic has made us all realize our need for connection.
- Why it is important to create an honest representation of yourself on dating apps.
- Why Bumble is so successful, because it encourages mutual effort.
- Red flags on a dating app: people who won’t communicate.
- The value of virtual dating to establish voice chemistry and banter.
- Her greatest success story: the woman with the broken engagement who is dating again.
- Why the goal is not to find the perfect partner but to live in your truth everyday.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)