New Heart Failure Guidelines
TRC Editor, Dr. Lori Dickerson, PharmD, FCCP talks with two distinguished experts about new heart failure guidelines.
- Carolyn Lam, MBBS, PhD, FRCP, Professor at Duke-NUS Medical School and a Senior Consultant at the National Heart Centre Singapore
- Steven E. Nissen, MD, MACC, the Chief Academic Officer at the Heart and Vascular Institute and the Lewis and Patricia Dickey Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine Professor of Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University
Listen in as they discuss new guidelines for managing heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF)...and put this new guidance in perspective.
You’ll also hear practical advice from panelists on TRC’s Editorial Advisory Board:
- Andrea Darby Stewart, MD, Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency at Honor Health
- Anthony A. Donato, Jr., MD, MHPE, Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine from the Reading Health System, and Professor of Medicine at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Craig D. Williams, PharmD, FNLA, BCPS, Clinical Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice at the Oregon Health and Science University
For the purposes of disclosure, Dr. Carolyn Lam reports relevant financial relationships with Bayer, Roche Diagnostics (grants/research support); Abbott, Actelion, Alleviant Medical, Allysta Pharmaceuticals, Amgen, AnaCardio AB, Applied Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Boston Scientific, Cytokinetics, Darma Inc., EchoNous Inc, Impulse Dynamics, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Janssen, Merck, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Roche Diagnostics, Sanofi, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Us2.ai (advisory board/steering committee/executive committee); Us2.ai (stock shareholder); Us2.ai (non-executive director).
Dr. Steven Nissen reports a relevant financial relationship with AbbVie, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Esperion, Medtronic, Novartis, Pfizer, Silence Therapeutics (grants/research support).
The other speakers have nothing to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Pharmacist’s Letter offers CE credit for this podcast. Log in to your Pharmacist’s Letter account and look for the title of this podcast in the list of available CE courses.
If you’re not yet a Pharmacist’s Letter subscriber, find out more about our product offerings at trchealthcare.com.
Follow or subscribe, rate, and review this show in your favorite podcast app. You can also reach out to provide feedback or make suggestions by emailing us at ContactUs@trchealthcare.com.