News Update: New Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Underway
Out in the West Texas “town” of El Paso, a number of COVID-19 patients are being treated with a new monoclonal antibody infusion called bamlanivimab. Now in the second week of the operation being conducted in the El Paso Convention Center’s makeshift hospital, Dr. Edward Michelson, Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, reports that while treatments are underway, there hasn’t been enough time to gather data on the effects and outcomes. Dr. Michelson, who appeared on Talk Ten Tuesdays in October 2017, will return to the live broadcast this coming Tuesday with a live update on the new therapy.
Also on tap for the broadcast:
- Tuesday Focus: New COVID-19 Codes: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently announced further additions to ICD-10-CM related to COVID-19. Additionally, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has posted new guidelines for ICD-10 CM/PCS coding and an updated MS-DRGs, Version 38.1. Updates include new ICD-10-CM and PCS codes for COVID-19. Reporting our Tuesday Focus will be Susan Gatehouse, founder and CEO for Axea Solutions.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former CMS career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on how healthcare and politics are inextricably entwined.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant for Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on ICD-10 coding relative to infusion services.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on another thought-provoking topic that has captured her attention.