Nic Paolella | Building On Strong Foundations
Richard Costello connects with Nic Paolella.
Nic Paolella is the Vice President of Development at Marcon, responsible for leading all new development projects. As part of the second generation of his family’s real estate development firm, Nic is helping build on the success of the company’s 35 years and 12,286 homes to date. Nic is passionate about urban planning and design and aims to create better, more livable communities.
In this episode, Nic shares his insight into the following:
- What is was like growing up in the business
- Background of Marcon
- Why starting out as a construction company makes Marcon a better developer
- Proudest project to date
- Developing and maintaining company culture
- What is takes to be successful as a Development Manager
- Housing supply in Vancouver - where do things stand five years on from a Globe article focused on land speculation
- The ‘Missing Middle’ - Opportunities and challenges to gentle densification
- Finding Inspiration
- What success looks like
- Advice for anyone starting out in the industry
- Passions outside of work