Nitin Chexal, CEO at Palladius Capital Management – Opportunity Knocks: Finding real estate opportunities in unexpected places
Sometimes, acquisitions that seem risky are actually just really smart: seeing opportunity where others don't. And in real estate, if you have the experience and a strong handle on research, undervalued assets are there for the taking.
My guest this week is Nitin Chexal. Nitin is the CEO of Palladius Capital Management where he oversees all aspects of the firm, including leading a team of investment and asset management professionals focused on real estate equity and debt investments across the US. Previously, Nitin was a partner and Managing Director at Nimes Real Estate, and before that he was VP of Corporate and Business Development at Counsyl. Nitin got his Bachelor's degree at UCLA, and has an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Nitin and I talked about how Palladius' bold approach to acquisitions helped establish the company. We also talked about how real estate trends will drive their business over the next few years.
- Nitin explains Palladius' approach, interests, and how they scaled so rapidly (2:38 )
- How Palladius' starting point was different than other firms (5:38 )
- What being "tactically contrarian" means and how it gives Palladius an edge (7:09 )
- Palladius' tactically contrarian approach to Austin, Houston and Chicago (7:46 )
- Nitin explains Palladius' focus on shallow bay assets (14:31 )
- The "hotel-ification" of multi-family rentals (17:52 )
- How technology is being incorporated into Palladius' portfolio and operations (19:40 )
- Nitin discusses Palladius' debt platform (21:36 )
- Palladius' approach to democratizing real estate (23:33 )
- Nitin talks about starting Palladius during COVID, and what he sees for the company's future (24:35 )
If you have questions about the show, or have a topic in mind you'd like discussed in future episodes, email our producer, email@example.com.