Not the Humbility Episode
Abby and Ryan left off last podcast teeing up a follow-up episode about humility. We thought this would be that episode. The Universe had other plans. We sure did try, though. That's a lie. We really didn't. But we think we landed in an okay place.
How Abby Manages a Full Plate:
- Bag it. Ask yourself if it really needs to be done (no. It doesn't)
- Barter it. Ask yourself if someone else can do it (then ask them to do it)
- Better it. Ask yourself if it can be done more efficiently (smarter, not harder)
How Ryan Manages a Full Plate:
- Size it up. Figure out everything you have to do and break it down into bite-sized steps.
- Scale it down. Find every corner you can cut, and force yourself to cut them.
- Schedule it all. Block off every single step of every single thing on your calendar.
Designing your most authentic life:
- Owning what you want. If you can't make time for it, you probably don't really want it. And that's okay. Admitting that can be freeing.
- Self Worth. Believe that the life you do want is valuable enough to be prioritized over the life other people want you to live.
- Boundaries. Design a life that resonates with your essential self, say "yes" to things that align with that, and "no" to everything else.
- Also, start small. Goal too daunting? Shrink it until it's ridiculously doable.
- Ryan is grateful that he's developing an internal compass for himself and the things he does.
- Abby is grateful for the heavy but meaningful conversation she got to be a part of recently.
4:00 - We try to do the humility piece. We fail.
19:15 - How Abby manages a full plate (3 B's)
26:58 - How Ryan manages a full plate (3 S's)
35:18 - Why time management matters
40:28 - Owning what you want
- Join our tribe at patreon.com/truenorth11
- Get life coaching from Abby at IndigoCoaching.net
- Follow us on IG at @TrueNorthWithAbbyAndRyan
- Watch us at TinyURL.com/TrueNorth11YouTube
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stalk us at truenorth11.com