Oh Thank Heaven, It's 7-11 - Dinner Plus Drinks #81
When I was editing this episode and saw it was coming out on 7-11, I had to call it "oh thank heaven," because who can't get that saying out of your head? It doesn't really have anything to do with the episode, but it's what we're going to roll with - Nick
What we did talk about was a wide variety of topics, and on this episode it was Nick, not Bridget, that was unable to choose from multiple stories, so you'll get a lot of Nick thoughts this episode.
Most importantly, if you didn't watch the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest, you need to see this introduction for Joey Chestnut, world hot dog eating champion!
Here's what we talked about:
- Bridget tried this vegan hot dog substitute and it wasn't bad! You can try it yourself if you'd like.
- Nick is elated that giant pandas are no longer endangered!
- Congratulations to Zaila Avant-garde, the first Black American spelling bee champion, and an accomplished Guinness World Record holder at age 14!
- Bridget tried Super Goop Glow Screen on her vacation and it was a super awesome product to protect yourself from the sun and look good!
- Nick is loving Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's been out for a while, but if you haven't played it, it's definitely a worthy installment in the franchise.
- We talked vacation tips and went through the 10 tips on this Lifehacker article. Let us know what you think of them.
- Bridget is looking forward to a delicious One Pot Spaghetti Bolognese this week.
- Nick wants to make this Grilled Steak with Beer Mustard Sauce recipe again.
- But there were so many good recipes on this week's meal plan, Nick had a really hard time choosing, and you should check out the whole plan.
Thanks for tuning in this week, we hope you enjoyed a little time with us. We love having you listen!
Please be sure to follow us, subscribe, or whatever is the easiest way for you to keep up to date with the show. Here are all the links:
- Watch this episode on YouTube
- Visit our website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Get links to follow the podcast in your favorite app
- Or email us at: hello /at/ dinnerlusdrinks /dot/ com
Cheers everybody, have a great week; we'll talk to you next week!
~ Bridget and Nick
*If you make a purchase using our links, we may make a small affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!
We played a snippet of "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" by George Frideric Handel using the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license. The song was performed by the Advent Chamber Orchestra, November 2006 Roxanna Pavel Goldstein, Musical Director; Elias Goldstein, Orchestra Manager.