One Ballon Trick, Top 4 By Default, and Why España’s Is the Moment (W/ Mijon Zulu, Nick Probst, & Pelayo Alvarez)
We are fresh from BK Pride and Mijon has the full tea on the joy that happened at the first Whispering Hunty power brunch and at Good Judy this weekend. The BK Queers had a blast and everyone was happy to hear about Whispering Huntys. Down Under is ending so strangely. And, now that Drag Race España has started it is high time that we had a guest that actually speaks Spanish, so we are excited to have Pelayo Alvarez from the Forbidden Apple Podcast and we discuss the need for radical acceptance and how LGBTQ+ people process their spirituality. Also, why it is ok to still be spiritual after you come out. Pelayo talks about his favorite queer spaces: Washington Square Park and Tompkins Square Park.
On the Pod:
- Drag Race Down Under episode 7, "Talent Show Extravaganza"
- How on earth did Down Under lose so much luster?
- Ru doesn’t like magic or any talent that any othering drag has.
- Could the Down Under Queens bicker about the show order anymore?
- Does Courtney Act still need Drag Race?
- What’s up with non-white representation on this show?
- When will Karen from finance actually happen?
- Is Scarlet the actual first pole dancer?
- Why are Kita Mean and Elektra Shock in the bottom?
- Drag Race España episode 2, "Divas"
- Sagittaria is less than smart and we love it.
- La Veneno!
- Paca La Piraña
- Supremme De Luxxe is the moment.
- Apparently, Pupi is already low key famous in Spain
- How to actually pronounce Farala.
- Inti address dysmorphia and why you don’t need a doctor’s note to say you are trans
- Why Drag Vulcano probably had to go. Just felt a bit subdued
About our guest:
Hola a todxs. Pelayo Alvarez is originally from Spain and raised catholic. During the past 5 years, he has been training the least developing countries in the field of international relations and global affairs at the United Nations. He is passionate to discover how different folks around the world live their spirituality and appreciate what makes each story powerful. He likes to ask for practical advice and takeaways from different life perspectives in our episodes so you can use them for your own personal development and growth. He also has a Youtube Channel where he curates life-changing ideas with a fun twist.
As a host for the Forbidden Apple Podcast he wants to prove that although people celebrate religion and spirituality in so many ways, at the same time, they share so much in common.
FOLLOW THE HUNTYS
Whispering Huntys is an Apocalypse Podcast Network Podcast.
Sign up to our Listserv: http://eepurl.com/hfnySr