One Mother's Mission to Educate Parents on the Calming Powers of Infant Massage with Kahlmi founder, Elina Furman
The Connecting Powers of Baby Massage with Elina Furman
On today’s episode, you’ll learn why infant massage is such a dynamic tool to connect with your baby. Our guest, Elina Furman is a certified infant massage instructor with over ten years of experience in the baby products industry. She is launching a new tool known as Kahlmi, the first bonding and massage tool for babies and children using acutech technology and vibration to help families connect, calm, and comfort. She is here today to help us create a deeper connection with our babies and to ourselves. Tuning in, you’ll hear the story of how Elina came to be a certified infant massage practitioner and the benefits she has seen, as well as why the physical effects are a side effect of the immense psychological and emotional ones. She also provides parents with some practical tips on how to massage babies and children, starting slow, and emphasizes the fact that you don’t need a product to massage your child, but she considers Kahlmi a hero product that provides her with a platform to educate people about the amazing tool of baby massage. We hope you join us for another great episode today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of how Elina came to be a certified infant massage practitioner.
- The desire for holistic, non-medical solutions and the lack of conversations about baby massage that led Elina to research it.
- Issues infant massage helps with: weight gain for premature babies, teething, gas, and colic.
- Why the physical benefits are a side effect of the psychological and emotional ones.
- Why you need to have a hero product in order to create awareness around a topic.
- How she went about creating educational platforms before launching her product.
- The cumulative benefits of baby massage and how consistency creates results.
- The importance of taking three minutes to regulate your own mood before giving a massage.
- How baby massage makes parents much more confident in handling their infant.
- Why you should start slow with short massages in the morning and in the evening.
- Making sure that the experience is positive for your baby.
- How involving fathers in infant massage is an opportunity to level the playing field.
- Why you don’t need this product to massage your baby.
- Baby massage as the bridge between love and science.
- What dinnertime looks like: one child eating chicken nuggets, another eating salad, Elina eating later on, and her husband eating when he gets home.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)