One on One with America's Doctor (with Sanjay Gupta)
Andy talks with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent, about his 20 years in cable news, what motivates people to peddle misinformation online, and how we can let go of some of the anger, resentment, and trauma from the past 18 months. Whether he's talking to millions of people on TV or one AC repair person in his home, Sanjay rejects the approach of many of his TV counterparts and leads with honesty, empathy, and respect.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Sanjay @drsanjaygupta on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
- Throughout the pandemic, CVS Health has been there, bringing quality, affordable health care closer to home—so it’s never out of reach for anyone. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Check out Sanjay’s new book, World War C, here: https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/World-War-C/Sanjay-Gupta/9781982166106
- Watch a preview of Sanjay’s documentary, The Truth About Vaccines, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufXBL9CCtvs&t=134s
- Here’s the Politico story that came out after Andy’s appearance on Fox News: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/11/slavitt-trump-operation-warp-speed-475310
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.