Outpatient CDI and Getting Back to the Basics
Physician engagement, query productivity, and revenue integrity are some but not all of the activities that encompass today’s outpatient clinical documentation integrity (OP CDI) arena, which continues to gain traction among America’s hospitals and health systems.
During an exclusive broadcast report, CDI expert Colleen Deighan will unveil a Talk Ten Tuesdays listener’s survey on this topic, in which listeners are encouraged to participate. Delving into the survey responses, Colleen will join us on a biweekly basis through the end of the year, and share her knowledge and experience on how hospitals and health systems can determine where and how to focus their efforts to have the biggest impact.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson will report on the latest coding news.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Tuesday Focus: Root operation control guidelines have changed during the last five years, and a new update will take place on Oct. 1, 2021. Senior healthcare consultant Kristi Pollard, director of coding quality and education with Haugen Consulting Group, will report on this topic while providing examples for reporting the control of bleeding.
- Special Report: The No Surprises Act, or the "balance billing rule" for emergent out-of-network services, saw a provider reprieve as it pertains to the Jan. 1, 2022 effective date, as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will delay certain provisions of the Act to allow for better infrastructure, interoperability, and communication between payors, facilities, and providers. Nationally recognized professional coder, auditor, and consultant Terry Fletcher will report the good news.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.