Overcoming Resistance to Change and New Ideas with Loran Nordgren
We will learn:
- Why your best ideas often get rejected.
- How to disarm the forces of resistance that act against change.
- How to transform the very frictions that hold us back into catalysts for change.
Collectively, we have access to more resources than we’ve ever had, but we’re also less happy, more stressed, and fatter than we’ve ever been.
So something, or some things, are just not working.
The problem is, we might be sad, fat and stressed out, but we think we’re comfortable.
The funny thing about the comfort zone is that it’s really just familiarity that creates the illusion of comfort.
And when someone comes around with a new idea, we tense up and resist it because we just don’t want to pop our own comfort bubbles.
So how do we break through the resistance?
How do we get people to say yes to ideas that are fresh and new and awesome, but just not yet familiar?
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Loran Nordgren, teacher and researcher of the psychological forces that propel and prevent the adoption of new ideas.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/202
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.