PHYSEE CEO Ferdinand Grapperhaus on selling sustainability to a traditional industry and the spiritual journey of entrepreneurship.
Ferdinand is the CEO of PHYSEE Technologies, which he founded together with Willem Kesteloo in 2014 in a physics lab at Technical University Delft.
PHYSEE is on a mission to make the build environment energy neutral in an aesthetic way. With success: in 2019 PHYSEE was recognized as the most innovative SME of The Netherlands, and in december 2021, the European Innovation Council recognized PHYSEEas one of the 50 best European Scaleups in Deeptech.
He made it to Forbes 30 under 30, but more importantly, he has built a strong patent portfolio, international projects and strategic partnerships.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- The impact you can achieve with deeptech;
- Selling sustainability to a traditional industry;
- The spiritual journey of entrepreneurship
- People: Ferdinand Grapperhaus, Willem Kesteloo, Daan van der Vorm , Boudewijn Poelmann, Sir Richard Branson, Elon Musk, Job Dura, Michael Jackson, Sam Anders jr, Sander Schutte, Lisette van der Knaap
- Companies: Physee, TU Delft, Par+, Cottonwood, Mapiq
- Media: EIC Scaling up
- Other: Burning Man, Upstream Festival, Freebird - LYNRD SKYNRD
- Books: How to change your mind - Michael Pollan