POWER: 1919 (Episode 100!)
It’s the 100th episode!!!!!! To mix things up, today we’re traveling to the 1919 to see how three different events shaped the last 100 years, and will continue to shape the future.
Cathleen D. Cahill, professor of history at Penn State University
Adam Green, professor of history at the University of Chicago
Virginia Scharff, professor of history at the University of New Mexico
Monica Byrne (motor convoy)
Tamara Krinsky (suffrage)
James T. Green (prohibition)
- Michael Resweber (Chicago riot)
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot -- Tuskegee Institute Singers
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home -- Ted Lewis
- Daughters of Freedom -- Edwin Christie
- Every Day Will Be Sunday When the Town Goes Dry -- Edward Meeker
- Steal Away -- Tuskegee Institute Singers
Flash Forward is produced by me, Rose Eveleth. The intro music is by Asura and the outtro music is by Hussalonia. The episode art is by Matt Lubchansky. Special thanks to everybody who’s ever listened to the show! And extra special thanks to Annalee Newitz, Robert Brenner, Quinn Heraty and Amanda McLaughlin.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices