PULLING THE PLUG ON YOUR CLIENTS
When is it time to move away from your clients? While this is a shorter episode, it is critical to know the best way to say goodbye to certain clients. Here are some things to look for:
- How much time are you spending vs the financial compensation?
- Are you being productive or is it too much accumulated time?
- Set time and financial boundaries. If the client/prospect does not meet the standard, then consider moving on.
It is very hard to move on from a client or prospect. However, great reps are moving forward and growing. To be able to find time for new, and potentially better opportunities, you might need to pass along some of your business to someone else. This might be getting an assistant, dividing the territory or simply moving on.
- Be strategic
- Ensure that upper management is aware of what you are doing
- Ensure that the lower levels of the work force know why you are doing it
- Ensure that your clients understand why this is happening
Join in our conversation and share your thoughts: