Parenting Sensitive and Intense Kids :: Lynne Jackson and Lydia Rex [Ep 395]
Some of our precious kiddos live with their sensitivity and intensity turned up a notch from the rest of us. What we think should be simple or routine can trigger big outbursts from our kids. Daily life might feel chaotic or unpredictable.
As a mom of a sensitive or intense child you probably have a good idea of what doesn’t work, but it can be hard to discern what will help in those moments. My guests this week are Lynne Jackson and Lydia Rex of Connected Families. Together, they have compiled research and real life experiences from over a 100 families of children who are sensitive and intense and created a parenting course to support and equip parents.
Lynne and her husband Jim have been regulars on Don’t Mom Alone encouraging moms (and dads) that it is possible to connect with your child, to coach them, and correct them - you never have to lose one to have the other. Lydia joins Lynne in the thick of parenting her own sensitive and intense children to encourage moms to draw from the limitless well of Christ’s love for yourself and your child in real-life challenging situations.
Connect with Lynne Jackson & Lydia Rex:
- Website: https://connectedfamilies.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConnectedFamilies
- Instagram: @connectedfams
- Connected Families - Your Sensitive Intense Child
- Connected Families Sensitive & Intense Kids Online Course
- Connected Families - 7 Practical Calming Strategies for Kids
- Grace and Truth for Moms :: Lynne Jackson [Ep 296]
- Helping Your Children With Sensory Processing Issues :: Lynne Jackson [Ep 258]
- Connected Relationships (LIVE Event) :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 222]
- Discipline 101 (LIVE Event - Friday Night) :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 221]
- The Entitlement Fix :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 200]
- Bonus Mentor Episode - Resolving Sibling Conflict :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 126]
- Connecting With Your Kids in Any Circumstance :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 98]
- How to Connect, Coach and Correct Your Child :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 81]
- Help Your Child Feel Safe and Loved :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 80]
- Pre-Order Right Where You Belong: How to Identify and Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space
Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.