Part 2 - The Intersection of Menopause and Nutrition: A Weight-Inclusive Approach with Val Schonberg
Hola amigos! Welcome back!
Are you chasing a certain body weight? Did you know your body is supposed to change? Menopause may feel like something to fix and yet, “menopause is a process, not a disease.” Val Schonberg sits down with David to discuss the intersection of menopause and nutrition.
Highlights of this episode:
- Menopause and Disordered Eating
- Menopause and Weight Bias
- Intersection of Menopause and Nutrition
- Menopause and Weight Inclusive Approach to Health
- Body image and Menopause
- Cultivating Physical and Emotional Well-Being
This is Part 2 of last week’s episode. Disordered eating steals the joy from eating and from our family and friend connections. Menopause is about change and disorder eating can disrupt this process negatively. Even without the presence of an eating disorder, dieting for weight loss is problematic. Weight loss is not recommended after 65 years old for longevity. For our eating, we can prioritize nutritious foods without dieting. Doctors recommending weight loss to anyone can be harmful and short sighted for a person’s health. Val and David discuss nutrition inventions outside of weight, bringing in true self-care during this life change.
Where do I go from here?
- If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to your podcasts at Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, iHeartRadio, Castbox, etc!
- Hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss another episode.
- Big Ask: Leave a Review! Please, take a few minutes and leave me a review on your podcast app. Each review helps other listeners find the podcast, which provides me with the ability to continue bring you unique content. So spread the love. Loss for words? Just write what you like about the show.
- Share the show with friends.
- If you want to work with us, schedule an appointment or a free 15 minute discovery call. Explore our website and click Schedule an Appointment. Or, reach us by email email@example.com or phone 678-568-4717.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite to start transforming your life.
Chop the diet mentality; Fuel Your Body; and Nourish Your Soul!