People Might Think I’m Weird (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/8/20
People Might Think I'm Weird (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/8/20
• Meditation is starting to become more and more socially acceptable abroad among people with various belief systems, religions and spiritual paths.
• Pattern noticing/investigation is how we become less and less pulled away by the natural distractions.
• Your breath is always your home base to come back to whenever you're mind starts to wander.
• If focusing on breathing bothers you use the sensations of the body or even some other sound to focus on. Meditative music is a good source.
• Make a mental note of the direction your mind goes when being distracted, make a mental note of that then refocus on the breath.
• Use gentle non-judgemental curiosity to explore your distractions. This is mindfulness.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/aaronhill/support