Permission to Find Your Body’s Intelligence Through Writing (Shana Hartman/Embodied Writing Coach)
Embodied writing seeks to reveal raw and tender connections from the most powerful places where writing comes from. It is a form of beautiful, heartfelt, and open-ended writing.
In this episode, I speak to Shana Hartman, an embodied writing coach and former English professor. She enjoys spotting unique messages shared by business owners and leaders and helping them express themselves through words. Shana is glad to have found writing as a place to express - and space to process - the things she could not say out loud.
In a nutshell, we speak about…
- How Shana found an escape in embodied writing during her own mental health journey.
- How journaling and embodied writing supports mental wellness: breathing in to breathe out later.
- Specific writers/ books that have resonated with Shana at different points of her journey.
- Why it is hard to find permission to release our experiences.
- Books as escapism from a mental health perspective.
- Recurring limiting beliefs from authors she has worked with.
- How to find the permission to stop reading a book if it isn't working for you.
...and so much more!
Website: Sun Counseling and Wellness