Personal Trainer and Gym Owner – Brenda O’Hara
In podcast #4 of Becoming Elli, we talk with Brenda O'Hara, gym owner and personal trainer. Brenda started gymnastics when she was five years old and competed at a high level for 15 years. She decided to go into exercise as a profession when she was a junior in High School. With a major in exercise science, Brenda earned a Bachelors of Science degree from Kent State University.
Brenda holds the following certifications:
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist
She owns and operates Iron-Oak Fitness in Solon Ohio Iron-Oak Fitness is a gym with daily challenging workouts.
In this podcast, Brenda explains the following to us:
1) Olympic LIfts (one rep max of a thruster, dead lift, power Clean)
3) Metabolic conditioning (cardio)
4) AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)