Plant-based Dairy with Miyoko Schinner
Plant-based eating is here to stay.
Most of us have heard about the health benefits and the environmental benefits of going plant based thanks to documentaries like “The Game Changers” and “What the Health.”
While eating plant-based sounds great on paper, a lot of us wonder how you can possibly replace the unique taste of dairy products like butter and cheese. So, is dairy really the final frontier for plant-based eating? Miyoko Schinner thinks it is.
Miyoko is the founder of Miyoko’s Creamery, a company that makes incredibly delicious vegan, plant-based cheeses and butters. In this episode, she's sharing her journey as a plant-based entrepreneur, dishing out advice for how to eat more plants, and more! This is a conversation that vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike will get something out of.
Episode Show Notes:
- Learn more about Miyoko's Creamery on their website and Instagram.
- Check out Miyoko's books: "Artisanal Vegan Cheese," "The Homemade Vegan Pantry," and "The Vegan Meat Cookbook."
- If you're feeling plant-curious, Miyoko recommends trying the Veganuary challenge.
- We discussed the fact that 80% of antibiotics sold in the US are for animal agriculture.
- Miyoko recommends watching the Vegan 2020 documentary on Youtube.
- Miyoko also has a fun cooking show called "Miyoko's Home Comforts."
- Learn more about Miyoko's animal rescue, Rancho Compasion.