Plenary- Feedback from Breakaway Sessions. High Policy Dialogue on _Tranforming Agriculture in Afric
1. Transformation of Africa’s agriculture begins with us - All relevant stakeholder groups need to change:
· Donor agencies and development partners need to change their investment priorities and strategies.
· Governments should institutionalize an efficient and effective policy implementation culture, characterized by review of existing policies to ensure that they are pro-smallholder farmers, women, children and youth.
· Participatory research processes should be adopted to ensure that the voice of the smallholder farmers, women and youth is heard, to facilitate for the co-creation of solutions.
· Private sector should collaborate with civil society and government to develop innovative financing mechanisms to support the agriculture value chains.
· Farmers should accelerate adoption of new climate-smart technologies and practices which are gender and nutrition-sensitive.
· Youth should proactively claim their space and drive innovation for agriculture transformation.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/connectingminds/support
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store